Saturday, July 9, 2011

PhotoHunt: NEAR


I have been to the City of Legazpi a couple of times and its most iconic feature just has to be the Mayon Volcano. From afar, it really is the Philippines' answer to Japan's Mt. Fuji- what with its perfect cone, towering height, and truly commanding presence.

On my latest flight to Legazpi from Manila, I was on the seat by the window on the "ABC" side of the plane. As we approached Legazpi, I had a fantastic view of Mayon on my left, welcoming me into the city. On the flight back to Manila, I rummaged through my brain to figure out which seat to take in order to have the view of Mayon be my parting vista of the city. Luckily, I figured it out, that I had to be on the window seat of the "DEF" side of the plane. The flyby beside the very top of Mayon is just truly breath-taking.



And I guess it was really meant to be for me: my camera's batteries gave up after I took the last photo of the soon-to-be-veiled-in-clouds Mayon as our plane zoomed back to Manila.

over Mt. Mayon, Province of Albay, January 2011, using a digicam.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that's an amazing sight, Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is pretty close shot. great job.

    http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lucky photo, then. My luck is to have my battery died during the last photo and I'd miss the best photo of the day.

    http://mudpuddle.wordpress.com/2011/07/09/photo-hunt-near

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Nice shot, perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! See you again next time here or in my main blog- So far, so good.