Saturday, May 29, 2010

PhotoHunt: MEMORIAL




James K. Polk, 11th President of the United States of America, is honored here at the Genevieve Morehead Memorial Art Rotunda at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. President Polk is "the youngest up to the time, who managed to expand the borders of the United States to the Pacific Ocean, added three states to the Union, started the Naval Academy, the Washington Monument, issued the first postage stamp, and remains the youngest President to die outside those who have been assassinated" (from JamesKPolk.com).

Chapel Hill, December 2009, using a digicam.

4 comments:

  1. A grand statue in a grand setting! Impressive lifetime's work by this president!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent take on the theme. I did not know those things about Polk so thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take for the theme. Enjoy your weekend!

    I'm a bit late, but here is my entry -

    Mariposa's PhotoHunt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm late getting to your PhotoHunt post. That's a great little history lesson. I went to Polk elementary school which was on Polk Avenue and I didn't know all that. Great take on the theme and I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! See you again next time here or in my main blog- So far, so good.