Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rizal Monumental


He's always standing tall, proud, sometimes legs in midstride, but always dignified, book and coat on hand. You can find him in front of the municipal hall, the central school, the main plaza, or people's park. He comes in various sizes and colors, made from metal, marble, or mortar. I think it is safe to assume that 95% of all Philippine cities and municipalities have at least one monument of our national hero, Jose Rizal.

But I believe that this is the first time I've seen Rizal inspired by Gomez Addams or the Phantom of the Opera...

At the municipal grounds of Sogod, Southern Leyte, August 2006, using my Canon A430 digicam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! See you again next time here or in my main blog- So far, so good.