Saturday, April 21, 2012

PhotoHunt: REFLECT



This is the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Zamboanga City, some 1,900 kilometers south of the Philippine capital of Manila. I accidentally found it online when I was looking for the local schedule of masses during a brief stay in the city recently. It caught my eye online; to see it in person was something else. Its 'whiteness' shimmers in the noontime sun, its distinct shape stands out from among the usual box-type buildings in its immediate environs. It's an example of the ever-changing face of our centuries-old faith.

Zamboanga City, March 2011, using a digicam.

2 comments:

  1. I like the unique shape of the church. Wonder how it looks inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful place for reflection!

    Thanks for playing at The Saturday PhotoHunt.
    ~Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! See you again next time here or in my main blog- So far, so good.